How to Make Organic Fertilizer by Feces Composting
Fecal composting organic fertilizer manufacturing process is to adjust the carbon-nitrogen ratio in the manure of the livestock and poultry by turning machine, manually controlling the conditions of water, temperature, pH and the like, and treating the manure of the livestock and poultry by the fermentation of the microorganisms to produce organic fertilizer.
(1) C/N ratio: C/N balance of compost mixture is the key factor for microorganisms to achieve better biological activity. The C/N ratio of compost mixture should be kept at 25-35:1.
(2) Humidity: Aerobic composting should generally be maintained at 40-70%.
(3) Acidity and alkalinity: Acidity and alkalinity vary with the types of compost mixtures and different stages of composting process. Normally, they need not be regulated. If they need to be regulated, they can be regulated by adding alkaline or acidic substances to the mixture before the beginning of composting degradation.
(4) Other design parameters: Rectangular fermentation stacking composting mode, the windrow compost turning machine should be used regularly to turn the pile, so that the temperature is kept below 75℃, and the turning frequency is 2-10 days/time. The width and depth of rectangular stacks are limited only by the overturning equipment. The stacks are generally 1.2-1.8 meters deep and 1.8-3 meters wide. The height of the compost is usually 2.5-4.5 meters, and the width is usually twice the depth. Fermentation tank composting, need to build fermentation tank, fermentation tank length is unlimited.
III. Matters needing attention in composting
(1) Composting time: Composting time varies with C/N ratio, humidity, weather conditions, type of composting operation and management, waste and additives. The composting time of well-managed strip-cutting fermentation compost in summer is generally 14-30 days. Fermentation tank composting, trough compost turning machine treatment, shorter time.
(2)Temperature: We should pay attention to the monitoring of composting temperature. The composting temperature should exceed 55 C, so as to be conducive to microbial fermentation and kill pathogens.
(3)Humidity: Pay attention to monitoring the humidity of compost mixture periodically. Excessive or low humidity will reduce or stop the composting speed.
(4)Odor: Odor is a good indicator of composting operation stage. Decay odor may mean that compost is changed from aerobic to anaerobic.